Future Perfect Conference 2012
Future Perfect Conference 2012: Digital Preservation by Design Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington, NZ
26 – 27 March 2012
Call for Contributions now open
The Digital Preservation by Design theme of Future Perfect 2012 seeks to stimulate discussion about how, when and why influencing the design of systems can ensure that today’s information is available tomorrow.
The call for contributions is now open and we welcome proposals for original presentations and demonstrations on the following topics:
* Where do we start with digital preservation – create a custom-made system or buy off the peg?
* Who should do digital preservation? Where does preservation fit in the wider organisational context?
* Case studies of working across disciplines, organisations and the lifecycle of information to ensure that information is successfully preserved (e.g. creating preservation ready objects, including preservation requirements in business systems, taking a cooperative approach to preservation)
* How do you identify your digital content – using preservation formats and format libraries
* What are we preserving and how? Are we preserving appearance, structure, behaviour or content?
* Repository examples, requirements and examples of innovation
* Challenges of preserving data and databases
* What tools are in use and what skills are essential?
* Opening up data and information through standards
We want to hear about innovations, success stories, war stories and challenges. Your submission can be in the form of a presentation or demonstration. If you would like to discuss your idea before submitting your proposal, please contact us. More information can be found on our conference website www.futureperfect.org.nz<http://www.futureperfect.org.nz>
Please submit the following information:
Title of session
Session type (presentation, panel, demonstration, etc) Abstract (100-300 words) Personal Profile (100-200 words)
The deadline for submission of abstract and accompanying documentation is August 31st 2011.
Send details to:
Mick Crouch, Conference Convener
Phone: +64 4 496 1389
We look forward to discussing ideas for contributions and receiving abstracts Many thanks, Monica