Reimagine ED Next Chapter Design and the Future of Libraries
Apply Right Now!
Note: Invitees will be sent payment / registration information.
- Dates: Friday, Sept. 23 – Sun, Sept. 25
- Location: The Lovett School, 4075 Paces Ferry Road Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30327-3099
- Cost to Attend: $250.00 per person (meals included)
- Max Capacity: 200
- Tentative Schedule
An Active Process:
Instead of another traditional conference — speakers talking at passive audiences; vaguely connected sessions — you’ll join a dynamic 3-day design event focused on imagination and action.
Becoming Part of a Design Team
“Next Chapter” participants automatically become members of 10-15 person design teams.
This will allow passionate, creative, professionally-diverse attendees to collaborate actively with innovative peers and design facilitators in imagining new futures for the K12 library.
Over the course of the 3 days, teams will work closely with their experienced design facilitators to solve a variety of real world case studies in an effort to create new visions for K12 libraries:
- day 1: Listen -> empathize, ask, seek
- day 2: Imagine -> ideate, brainstorm, wonder
- day 3: Make -> prototype, craft, test
‘Big Idea’ Talks
And to add a touch of inspiration along the way, we’re inviting a range of extraordinary voices to share short 10-15 minute ‘big idea’ talks (in the Spirit of TED talks*) in several 2xSpeaker and 4xSpeaker sessions.
We will also be inviting summit attendees to offer a limited number of short talks — 3 min in length — on big idea topics of their choice related to the summit overall. You’ll notice the chance to share with us an idea you might have on the official summit application.
–> *”TED talks” refer to short, inspired talks as shown at ted.com
Get Involved Early; Stay Involved Long After
We’ve also created an on-going experience that extends far beyond the 3-day summit.
To that end, we’d like to invite you to consider two additional opportunities:
- Participate in monthly online design challenges this summer before the summit.
- Join the RE:ED / “Next Chapter” online community to share ideas | resources over time. –> Details coming on May 15th re: becoming a ‘member’ to log-in / share content, join conversations, actively participate in monthly online design challenges.