CFP: Crimea 2012 (“Libraries and Information Resources in the Modern World of Science, Culture, Education, and Business”)
Nineteenth International Conference “Crimea 2012”
“Libraries and Information Resources in the Modern World of Science, Culture, Education, and Business”
“Crimea 2012” – world professional forum for leadership and staff of libraries, publishing houses, book trade business, museums, archives, information centers, universities, colleges, computer and Internet companies, for business, law, scientific, cultural and educational organizations.
The Conference is held under the auspices of IFLA
Topic of 2012: “Libraries of digital era: new paradigm and new role in social development”
Sudak and other Crimean towns
Autonomous Republic of Crimea, Ukraine
June 2-10, 2012
The Conference program will be built around the following topics and will include sections, round tables, workshops and presentations.
- Worldwide Information Infrastructure, Interlibrary Cooperation, International Cooperation Projects
- National Libraries and National Information Resources
- Development and Preservation of Library Collections. Cooperation of Libraries, Publishers and Book Market.
- Online Technologies, CD-ROM, Electronic Publications and the Internet in Libraries
- Digital Libraries and Digital Resources. E-learning
- Automated Library Systems and Information Technologies
- Information Support of Education and Management
- Corporate Library and Information Systems, Corporate Technologies and Library Consortia
- Information and Linguistic Support of Library and Information Systems. Bibliographic Formats. Metadata. Data Exchange Standards and Protocols
- Library Staff, Profession and Education. Development of Educational Technologies in the Information Society Age
- Development of Library Collections in National Languages
- Libraries, Municipal Information and Regional Studies
- Library and Information Services for the Disabled
- Libraries, Museums, and Archives in the Global Information and Cultural Environment
- Ethics and Security of Electronic Information
- Environmental Protection Information and the Role of Libraries in Promoting Environmental Awareness of the Population
- Legal Information and Official Publications. Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- Modern Programs and Problems of Reading.
- Libraries and Business in the Modern Information Environment
- Management of Libraries, Library and Other Professional Associations
- Library Science, Bibliography and Bibliology. Library Statistics
- Medical Information Resources and Systems. Hospital Libraries. Bibliotherapy
- Children, Computers, and the Internet. School Libraries and Computer Literacy
- Library as Tolerance Space. Library and Politics
- Innovations in Science, Culture, and Education: the role of libraries
A series of satellite events is also envisaged including annual conferences of library associations and professional groups. The list of sections, round tables, workshops and additional events will be continuously updated and finalized by the Program Committee in April 2012.