Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning
The Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning is recognized internationally for the quality and integrity of its program. Each year the conference provides an exchange of current resources, research, and best practices from around the world that are relevant to the design and delivery of distance education/training.
Mark the date!
Attend the 27th Annual Conference to be held August 3-5, 2011 in Madison, Wisconsin. The complete program and online registration will be available in May.
- Discuss critical success factors and innovative practices in distance education and training.
- Examine the key components of effective applications: needs analysis, course design, teaching methods, active learning, learner support, management, policy, and evaluation.
- Share successful approaches, strategies, and techniques.
- Identify active teaching/learning methods for effective engagement, motivation, and performance outcomes.
- Discuss major issues, new developments, and trends.
- Reflect on progress made in distance education.
- Consider future possibilities for distance education.
- Increase knowledge about teaching/training at a distance.
- Facilitate networking among distance educators, practitioners and administrators.
- Share program resources via technology (e.g., print, audio, video, multimedia, and the Internet).
A wide spectrum of professionals in distance education, experienced as well as newcomers, attend the conference each year. They represent organizations from all regions of the United States and other countries worldwide.
- Higher and continuing education
- Business and industry
- Government and the military
- Vocational and technical education
- K-12 education
- Non-profit organizations
- International or global learning
- Health organizations
- Community-based education
- Faculty, Teachers, and Instructors
- Support Personnel
- Designers and Developers
- Administrators, Managers, and Directors
- Technology and Service Providers
- Business Trainers
- Military Trainers